1 cup Butterfly vermicelli
3 cups of whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tin Condensed milk ( eg Milkmaid)
50g cooking chocolate
1/2 cups nuts of your choice (cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios)
2 tsp ghee/clarified butter
Fry the vermicelli in a tsp of ghee till they turn golden brown and keep aside.
Heat 3 cups of milk in a pan.Let it come to a boil then stir in the fried vermicelli.
Cook the vermicelli till it turns soft and constantly stirring it.
Add the sugar , condensed milk and cooking chocolate and cook for another 2-3 mins till the mixture becomes thick.
Let the mixture cool slightly before rolling it into balls.
Finally roll these chocolate balls again in some fried vermicelli.
Cool the choclate balls before serving.
Kids will simply love it.
- Nizam's Butterfly Vermicelli - 1 cup
- Bread slices - 4
- Eggs - 2
- Mixed Vegetables - 1 cup ( carrot, beans,cabbage,potatoes,etc chopped )
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Nizam's Butterfly vermicelli with mixed vegetables like you do for Semiya beriyani/ Fried vermicelli.
- Take a slice of bread and spread this vermicelli mixture on top.
- Cover with a second slice and cut into 4 small cubes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl ,seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Dip these bread cubes in egg and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato/chili sauce.
1 pack Butterfly semiya
2 big onions chopped finely
60g cabbage ,chopped finely
20g bean sprouts / carrot (jullined)
any seafood like prawns,squid,crabstick( optional if you want to put chicken or meat)oil to fry2 tbsp sambal ( see below)
spring onion for garnishred chillies chopped for garnish
Small onion - 14
dried red chilli - 20
ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
dried prawns/anchovies - few nos.
peanut power - 4 tsp
cloves,cardomom,cinnamon,cashew nut,almond- to taste
Grind all these items into paste
-fry this paste in lots of oil till fragrant
- season to taste with salt and sugar
Method for Bee Hoon:
- add oil to wok- add in the meat or seafood, cook till transparent
-add in the onions and cabbage
- put the sambal in
-add in the vermicelli and add a little water for it to cook
- add in beansprouts, chilli and spring onions till cooked
-serve hot and add in extra chopped chilli if you like it hotter
1/2 cup coriander chopped
6 onions chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups Nizam's Butterfly vermicelli ( noodles) cold
2 tablespoons oil
Whisk in the eggs.
Stir in coriander, onions, and salt. Add the Nizam Butterfly vermicelli.
Heat a well-seasoned pan over medium heat.
Place 1/3 cup of the vermicelli mixture into egg rings or handle-less, metal biscuit cutters.
Cook in batches for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden on low heat.
Alternatively, it can be made as a big omelette and cut into wedges before serving.
Any leftover cookedmaggi,macaroni or even noodles can be replaced instead of the vermicelli.You can be creative by adding more veges, tofu or meat.Can be eaten as snacks or even as a meal by itself......very filling